Economic Citizenship: What Is It and Who Offers It?
Are you looking to settle your family or business in a new place but don’t want to deal with the hassles that come along with applying for citizenship and fulfilling residency requirements? As an investor, entrepreneur, or business owner, you will have different needs than someone immigrating purely for cultural or pleasure reasons, and we understand that.
One of the easiest ways to obtain citizenship of a new country is by economic citizenship, a process by which you invest in the host country’s economy in order to obtain a legal right to live, work, and pay taxes in your country.
At Bukh Global, you will have access to experts who know the ins and outs of economic citizenship, should you decide to go this route.
Typically economic citizenship does come along with different sets of rules, such as a set amount of money that must be paid to the government or invested into local businesses, and each country offers different benefits for this type of citizenship. Some also come with a residency requirement, but it is typically short to encourage those whose work requires them to be on the move to invest in their country of choice.
There are many different countries around the world that offer programs like this, many of which offer low tax payments as well as a high likelihood of supporting new business. If you’re interested in becoming a citizen of another country, economic citizenship might be your best bet as a business owner. With many countries to choose from, including options in the Caribbean, Europe, and the South Pacific, there is enough variety to please just about anyone who is looking to settle in a new place, along with potential tax benefits as well as wealth-growing and investing opportunities.
The Benefits of Economic Citizenship/Citizenship by Investment
Many people choose economic citizenship over the longer, more intensive process that is typically associated with obtaining a secondary residency due to the ease and relative speed that it offers as compared to the normal amount of waiting time for a visa or official residency.
These types of programs also benefit the host countries, as they can help to prop up a sagging economy by encouraging business owners, investors, and other wealthy people to invest in their economy. It’s a win-win situation for both struggling economies as well as investors and can lead to huge potential profits for your business in the future.
There are quite a few countries around the world that are using this type of citizenship as a way to encourage wealthy business owners and investors to move their wealth into these economies. Each will differ in their investment requirements and benefits, but they all offer one thing in common–a way to cut down on tax expenses just by investing in a new economy.
The Countries We Specialize In
Many countries offer economic citizenship–here are just a few of those that we specialize in.
- Cyprus – Located off the coast of Greece, Cyprus has long been known as a destination for the jet-setting crowd in the Mediterannean, and it can become your second home with one of the best citizenship by investment programs in Europe. With a relatively-low tax rate and a large population of English speakers, Cyprus is an easy place to transition into living after coming from an English-speaking country.
- Serbia – Our newest citizenship program, Serbia is brimming with business and investment opportunities to be taken advantage of by wealthy patrons. This centralized European country is a great starting-off point for establishing your wealth and business right in the center of the European continent.
- Moldova – Moldova is a growing Baltic nation with tons of potential for real estate investors and business owners looking for a place to settle. We also happen to be on the top-tier agents for Moldivian citizenship–contact us today.
- Vanuatu – If you are on the hunt for a tax haven, Vanuatu should be first on your list. This South Pacific country is not only beautiful–it’s a great place for business owners and investors to settle without worrying about losing money to taxes each year.
- And more! If you have questions about citizenship by investment to a particular country, do not hesitate to contact us for more information about the legal ins and outs of the process.
Your Opportunities Await With Economic Citizenship
As an investor or business owner, you only want the best for your finances, and economic citizenship offers trade-offs that you could only dream of in more populated and well-known areas. Taking advantage of these untapped markets while simultaneously helping a smaller, lesser-known economy to grow is one of the best investments you can make with your money.
Bukh Global understands that you have different needs than the average person, and we strive to meet those needs at every turn. Do not wait any longer if you have questions about economic citizenship–please contact us today to start your journey to a new country, a new culture, and more economic opportunity than you’ve ever dreamed of.