American Estate Lawyers: Planning for the Inevitable

We all need to be realistic. In the event of our death, what will happen to our families, our businesses or our properties?

For anyone that has multiple properties within the US and abroad as well as multiple descendants and family members to take care of after you are gone, there is a need for comprehensive planning on how their estates should be disseminated in the event of the death.

This is what legal experts call international estate planning and this may only be done by an experienced legal service. If you are located outside of the United States, this may also complicate things, and legal help may be of use to you.

Bukh Global understand how hard it is to discharge a last will and testament especially when you have more than one child, a second family, multiple international properties and international rules such as those that vary as much as US estate laws do to worry about.

When you have all these in mind, there is only one thing that you need to consider and that is to seek professional legal help right away.

We have seen the worst

A terrible feud arises among families when poor estate planning or no estate planning is performed by the owner of the will or testament. Families fight amongst themselves as to whoever gets the best share, especially those families that are separated by borders. Families drift apart and resort to costly and time-consuming legal battles just to claim what they think is rightfully theirs. Not to mention how your international properties will be discharged abroad. There are domestic laws in USA that are not recognized in other countries–therefore what you have indicated in your will may not apply at all somewhere else.

But things do not have to be this way; getting help with your last will and testament as early as now will help you with the following potential problems of international properties:

Top Rated Law Firm in USA

Arkady Bukh and his team have a long track record of representing international clients in American courts. Contact us for an assessment of your case.

Top Rated On
Super Lawyers, Avvo, National Trial Lawyers
Contact us now

Worrisome Tax Payments

Tax payments differ in the US than they do in your home country and this is one of the most common problems that property owners neglect when it comes to international properties. Tax payments should never be taken for granted since these will surely result in penalties and even troubles with deed transfers in the future.

In the United States, not paying your taxes can have huge issues that may lead you to needing legal help in the future, so get in contact with an attorney early.

Second family woes

If you have a second family or illegitimate children that are located in another country than where you live, then you should consider getting professional legal help right away. In estate planning, your illegitimate children also enjoy rights to your property.

For instance, in the United States, your illegitimate family will have the same rights as your descendants, so do not put off this decision or they may start a legal battle after you are gone. Oftentimes the second family is shunned from all representations in a will and therefore you should consider these when you seek help with international estate planning.

Very young family

If your kids are quite young you may also need to plan your estate carefully. This is to consider that your young children may need to have trustees assigned to them that will take care of your property until your children are grown up. An experienced law firm like Bukh Global Partners will help you with planning for the worst and also for the obvious. We will also help you use a feasible plan in case you may need to change your will and testament at any time.

Contact Bukh Global today and let us help you get the right answers to all your questions about international estate planning and in creating your international will and testaments as well. We get you what you need so let us get started today!

Rated On

Rated On

Covered in Media